Subee Newlake is committed to ensuring, as much as possible, the safety and security of it’s clients, employees and the greater community.
With the current outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the risk it presents, we issue this information to provide you with up to date info and instructions on what to do to reduce the risk.
This information is current as of the 12th March 2020 and may change as a result of further updates from the Department of Health.
The key messages we wish to communicate are:
- We are here to help and provide information and reassurance
- How to protect yourself from infection
- Monitor your health and report if you have any of the symptoms listed below
- We will avoid exposing you to infection by our high standards of infection control and monitoring and training of our staff.
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
Have travelled to a country considered to be an “Outbreak Region”
As of the 12th March the following countries are considered to be “Outbreak Regions”
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Have been in contact with someone who has been overseas to any of these listed countries
- Have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Have been in contact with someone who is reasonably suspected of having COVID-19
Contact the 24/7 national hotline (1800 020 080) that has been established to help triage people with respiratory symptoms and those who are concerned about contact with a possible COVID-19 case.
We would also ask that you notify us immediately
We can assist by providing you with further, current information that will include how to minimise the spread of any potential infection.
It is an unfortunate reality that there is potential for some services and supports to be suspended to prevent the spread of the virus and for the greater good of the community.
Here are some things that you can do to stop the spread of infection:
- Wash your hands with soap and water regularly and thoroughly for a minimum of 30 seconds
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing with a flexed elbow or a tissue
- Clean all surfaces regularly preferably using an anti-bacterial product
- Avoid close contact with anyone displaying cold or flu like symptoms
- Avoid shaking hands and close contact with colleagues. Try a smile and friendly nod instead
- Avoid touching your mouth or eyes if you are exposed to people who present as sick or display symptoms of cold and flu and wash your hands as soon as possible
- Wear PPEs (Personal Protective Equipment) and dispose waste appropriately.
Our COVID-19 Preventative Action Plan requires that ALL employees follow these instructions
- DO NOT come to work if you have travelled to or through countries of higher or moderate risk as determined by The Australian Dept of Health: mainland China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, and Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore Thailand in the last 14 days. Employees should not return to work until 14 days have passed since they have arrived from those countries, or they have received medical clearance. The Australian Department of Health also requires that travelers from Iran, China and South Korea isolate themselves for 14 days.
- DO NOT come to work if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days. The Department of Health also requires that you isolate yourself for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case. If you become unwell, see a Doctor – let the practice know of your concerns when you call.
- DO NOT come to work if a member of your household fits the above criteria.
The safety and well-being of our, clients, and other staff is our priority and we ask that all employees cooperate with these requirements.
Many thanks for your co-operation.
Don’t forget, we are here to support you
On behalf of the management team at Subee Newlake